Friday, January 05, 2007

Island adventure by bike

New cyclist Bill Donahue had a fascinating adventure in Dominica, and wrote engagingly about it in a Washington Post article that just came my way. A sample:
I was there on Dominica as a reporter, sure, and all I had to do was follow John Moorhouse around for three days and 110 miles. No one was going to kill me if I rented a car. But there was no way I was going to do that -- no way. As I sat in the taxi, I resolved to wrestle up every hill, even though my back problem had flared up again. My hip was in pain, injured a week earlier, while I was stretching. I had not ridden in almost a week.
Be sure and check out the slideshow for some gorgeous views of the island. The article is here. A day later, Donahue answered readers' questions in an online discussion.

No comments: