Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thinking green in the Grove


Local members of the green builders' association had a social tonight in Coconut Grove, so Hank Resnik and I attended to find out how much bicycles figured in the plans they're working on. I arrived early, so I walked around a bit to see how bicycles were being used and what kind of accommodations there were. I saw lots of bikes, though wasn't fast enough to snap the most interesting ones. There were quite a few bike racks, though often not in places where they'd be most useful. More commonly, owners had chained their machines to trees or street signs. It was encouraging to me to meet a young father, Levi, whose daughter had her helmet with her. Am not sure how he'd fit a lid on his sizable hair, but I wish he'd give it some thought.

No comments: