Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thinking of you at the Bike Summit

I'd flirted with the idea of joining the bicycle advocates, equipment dealers and urban planners this week at the National Bicycle Summit. I found the cost prohibitive to make the trip on my own, though, but I'll do what I can to keep you updated on what's said and done there. Here's a note from Tim Jackson, a marketing man who is going. He explains his purpose:
... how I feel about the need for greater cycling-friendly infrastructure in this country. The industry needs the infrastructure to survive, but cycling as a whole needs it as well.
He invites cyclists who can't make it to DC for the summit to drop him a note about what the movers and shakers in government and the bike industry need to hear. You'll find his email address at his website, the link above.

There's more about the Summit right here.

No comments: