Thursday, November 05, 2009

Critical Mass deconstructed

Fellow blogger Daniel Perez writes a very thoughtful critique of Critical Mass, the concept, at his Slow Bike Miami. It was kicked off by the long Sunday feature by Andres Viglucci in The Miami Herald, mentioned here a few days ago. Daniel's take on the we-are-traffic spirit of Critical Mass drew a few shots from the biking/reading public, notable among them the response of Robert Noval. Daniel and Robert may not agree on much, but their respective viewpoints couldn't have better representatives. They're good men, both of them, and I'm glad to know them.

1 comment:

Daniel M. Perez (Slow Bike Miami) said...

Thanks for this.
I have to say, taxing as it was to write that post and defend it in the comments, I'm very glad I did. It's just a topic that needs to be discussed and thought of, rather than just done mindlessly. I look forward to revisiting it in the future to see how it's changed (hopefully for the better).