Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saturday's Homestead ride called off

We learned late today that the Biscayne-Everglades Bicycle Festival, featuring supported rides of 42 miles and 62 miles this Saturday, has been called off because of low registration numbers. I thoroughly enjoyed riding this event last year, and salute Yvonne Knowles, Homestead Main Street, and their many volunteers for their efforts. Tom Burton advises that the festival's Greenway Fat Tire Ride will proceed as scheduled on Sunday, starting at 9 a.m. from Homestead Bayfront Park. There are details and a cue sheet you can download at http://www.greenmobilitynetwork.org/event/greenway-fat-tire-ride. Be aware, please, that the Sunday ride will be rough going -- not suited for road bikes at all.

1 comment:

Maricha delaCruz-Tuason said...

I participated last year. I enjoyed it. It is a month earlier than last year. I didn't know about it until they sent me an email this week!